Saturday, June 28, 2008

I Feel Overwhelmed

Crikey. My newest personal project, I Feel has gone crazy.


I Feel NYC has gone particularly bonkers, being covered by Black Book Magazine, Thrillist, Creativity Online, Google Maps Mania and too many bloggers to mention.

Although I sincerely thank the first few to cover it.

Thursday alone saw 4000 unique visitors, over 200 invite requests and an email from a radio station in New York. Eek.

This is all very exciting, but has also surfaced the problems with having a half-arsed site that you scramble together in iWeb. I'm struggling to keep on top of the invite requests, but I'm too nervous to remove the need for invites. I actually think these barriers do the project a favour. I've been impressed by the quality of entries and the care taken to customise the icons.

Anyway, while I work out what the hell I'm doing with this thing, I thought I'd celebrate with two new moods/mind-states: I Feel Girly and I Feel Manly. I've added a couple of rubbish ones to get things started, but I'm sure you can do better.


Personally, I just like the meat on a stick. Hell yeah. Gonna go rub petrol on myself and roar for a bit.

If you want to edit the I Feel Girly and I Feel Manly maps, just let me know and I'll send you invites. As always (for the time being) these invites have to be sent to the email address associated with your Google account.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's awesome dude, congrats

10:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stick some advertising on the site to generate a little revenue and then outsource the email management/issuing of invites to someone overseas who you can pay with said revenue!

Great idea though, well done.

9:27 am  
Blogger Andy Whitlock said...

thanks chaps. I do have plans to expand this thing, but need to think about the best way to do so in a way that only improves the experience..

9:04 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home