Monday, November 05, 2007

the meat market

AdWeek just published this article, that I wrote for them last month. It's about meat.


The importance of meat/substance in brand comms has been buzzing round my head for a couple of years and eventually made it down my arms and out my fingertips. In broad terms it describes the opportunity in the vacuum between fluffy comms ideas and 'brand utility'.

It was actually very tough getting it down to such a small number of words. It's a huge topic and one that deserves elaboration. Perhaps I'll use this post to encourage debate and to spark off further thoughts.

The article is - I'm sorry to say - short of any case studies (partly because of the lack of them) and I'd also love to be pointed to examples that challenge my concerns.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy, great article in the November 5 issue of Adweek. I couldn't agree more with your assessment that meaning is really what great brands and brand experiences are all about. It's what my company has been helping organizations do for years--helping them first to find the meaning and then to worry about the marketing. I wish there were more voices like you out there!

9:42 pm  
Blogger Ki11er said...

Thanks Brad, that's very kind.

As entrepreneur, Guy Kawasaki once said:
"If you make meaning, you'll probably make money. But if you set out to make money you probably won't make meaning and you won't make money."

I looked at your website and read your blurb about personalities. You might enjoy this:

http://nowincolour.blogspot.com/2006/05/brand-behaviour.html

Cheers!

Andy

3:04 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home