Tuesday, August 26, 2008

scarecrow fesival

If you were in the village of Ickwell at the weekend, then I'd be bloody amazed. But, also you would have witnessed their scarecrow festival.


It was actually really fun. And the scarecrows were excellent. Made even better because you imagine a family making them rather than a hipster/hoxtonite. The above surgeon was my favourite.

Villagers each constructed a scarecrow and put it in their front garden and we, the public walked around judging them. Officially judging them, you understand - with bits of paper and pencils and everything. I didn't ridicule any to the point that the children that made it were in tears.


Not satisfied just making a great scarecrow, some people went to amazing lengths to create little stories.


Anyway, I don't have anything interesting to say, other than: Go to a scarecrow festival. Now. n-n-now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that too, purely by mistake and was so pleased that I did. Was bummed that I didn't have my camera though.

1:07 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home