Saturday, January 26, 2008

my one cent

This is my 100th post. But I'm not going to go on about it. This blog is of endless value to me, but doesn't need a fanfare.

Instead, I'm going to celebrate the three key things I've learned and appreciated since starting this thing with no particular agenda in April 2006:


1. The chopping board
This was one of the most memorable comments I received (the one by Anonymous). I have no idea who wrote it, but it was one of the first times I truly appreciated how public my waffling was. It was a little rude, but also very funny.

2. Meeting people
Through this blog and/or commenting on other blogs, I've made some wonderful connections with people, both professionally and personally. I met Noah in New York after taking an interest in his blog and he was amazingly helpful, connecting me with people on and offline. More recently I've had some interesting conversations as a result of blog interaction with the likes of Adrian at Zeus Jones and Faris.

3. Support and appreciation
As of today, I have a measly Technorati authority of 9. This makes it all the more special when people like something I wrote enough to plug it. Nathan has me higher on his blogroll than I probably deserve, given the others in the list. My friend Willie continues to be a great ambassador of the site, quoting it as his top blog read in a Gridskipper interview. Noah (again) has linked to me from both his own site and the House of Naked blog. I got a couple of very complimentary mentions by LA-based Think Personality and Erin has supported me too. Oh - and a special thanks to Marc, the only person who has ever declared himself to be a now in colour "fan". Considering he's the other side of the world, that was very nice to hear.

If you don't have a blog, start one. If it isn't interesting to anyone, no one will read it, so it doesn't matter. The positives of being part of conversations outweigh any concerns you might have.

That's my one cent.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) awesome

4:43 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home