Friday, July 11, 2008

no apples

Warning: Geeky, dull post.

Went to a gig at Koko last night as part of the iTunes festival. It was interesting (to me) that there wasn't an Apple logo in sight. Check the pass they give you. None on the back either.


They realise the power of the iTunes sub-brand. Nice.

I was especially pleased because I went to an Apple store gig last summer in NYC (Kings Of Leon) and although I enjoyed the music, it was wrong. it was wrong because all the energy you associate with live music was somehow muted by the presence of the Apple logo and accompanying slick, minimal design and typography. Wrong.

So well done Apple. You did it right. And you gave me ten free songs too, which is nice. I'll add them to my other 7000 free songs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home