Monday, July 28, 2008

facebook and nasal update

Is Facebook trying to eat into Twitter territory?

It used to say "update your status":


It seems to have recently changed to: "What are you doing right now?"..


I wonder if they'll chop off this communication stream and turn it into a twitter-like service? Phew it's lucky I wrote this quickly. I just realised I don't really care if they do and that this isn't very interesting.

I'm far more interested in my post-cold symptom of having blocked ears. Someone help me! Pinching your nose and blowing just doesn't work. And my nose makes a strange gurgling sound when I do it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you seen the Facebook iPhone app? It's all about updating status. An exact clone of Twitter.

12:38 pm  
Blogger Andy Whitlock said...

ha - thanks noah. no I haven't seen it. Well there you go.

Any advice for my ear situation?

3:32 pm  
Blogger Charles Edward Frith said...

I met a sort of traveling mystic once in Prachuab Khirikan on the Gulf of Thailand. He was much younger than me but I thought "your rules" and played along with him. Anyway, he showed me how if I breathed in the seawater through my nose and out through my mouth (it sounds counterintertuitive I know but trust me I'm in advertising) it clears the sinus.

Of course you need to be able to take a dip in the sea each day or buy one of those saline kits from the chemist but at best the ears will benefit from a cleaned up nose and and throat connection.

Sorry that's the best I can do over a Sausage McGriddle ;)

4:18 pm  
Blogger Andy Whitlock said...

Thanks for sharing, Charles.

Actually I'm no stranger to the 'netty pot', which must be the western man's version of sea-breathing:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xp_2dVL9Srs&feature=related

I wonder what would happen if you snorted a McGriddle..

4:36 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home