Thursday, April 16, 2009

situations

Locale is an Android app that allows the user to create different 'situations' in which their phone behaves differently.


It looks quite clever, but seems to be mostly a semantic evolution because I can do a similar thing on my phone, only they're called 'modes'.

Semantics are everything though. This immediately reminded me of the phrase Woody Allen coined: "We've got a situation here!" A wonderfully meaningless sentiment but its tone doing the real communication leg-work.

I suppose the same is true for Locale situations. The real fun is coming up with them.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a shame that in use this app kills your battery really fast because it requires GPS to be always on.

Although I realise worrying too much about the technicalities is somewhat missing the point here...

11:39 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home