Tuesday, December 09, 2008

I Feel guilty

When I first mentioned my influence for I Feel London being Musicovery, I totally forgot another important source of inspiration.

I've remembered and forgotten again several times to talk about it - and it's time to give it the credit it deserves.

Your Collection by Tate Britain.

When I saw this I thought it was a brilliant idea. Loved it. And it was definitely a huge influence for I Feel. I even stole the hungover idea from it. It was this, along with Musicovery and probably some other things that triggered off the idea of filtering places by mind-state.

I knew there was a much bigger idea behind this thinking. I never saw these things as a handful of disparate projects, I saw them as a philosophy towards communication.

I think it was made by Fallon. Sorry for the late hat-tip.

P.s. For those of you that are interested, I Feel is soon to become something much better than its current manifestation. Keep your eyes peeled. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Aunt Alden said...

Hey Andy -- you were featured yesterday on GeekSugar -- good stuff! If you ever need any help out in San Francisco...I'm kinda obsessed with google maps and said "feelings". ;)

8:05 pm  
Blogger Andy Whitlock said...

Hey, thanks for this. Yes I saw GeekSugar.
You should drop me an email about I Feel San Francisco.. something's rumbling behind the scenes ;)

9:02 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home